The Youth Recreational Athletic Program is a sports entity of The HUSH Foundation. We believe that sports activities do help Youth live alealthy lifestyle. According to the American Obesity Association, obesity in adolescents is a serious issue with many health and social consequences that often continue into adulthood. National statistics report that 25 million youth in the United States are obese or at risk of becoming obese. These youth need help.
Although, implementing prevention programs and getting a better understanding of treatment for youth can be instrumental in controlling the obesity epidemic; teaching healthy behaviors at a young age is important since change becomes more difficult with age. Behaviors involving physical activity and nutrition are the cornerstone of preventing obesity in adolescents. The HUSH Foundation is committed to providing help for those behaviors.
Benefits of our Youth Recreational Athletic Program:
The Youth Recreational Athletic Program provides the following benefits:
2. Provides physical education curricula and instruction for ages 10 - 18 that emphasizes enjoyable participation in lifetime physical activities such as running, exercising, and preparation for competitive sports at the high school and college level.
3. Helps students develop the knowledge, attitudes, and skills they need to adopt and maintain a physically active lifestyle.
4. Follows the National Standards for Physical Education.
5. Features active learning strategies.
6. The HUSH Foundation’s® extracurricular physical activity program offers diverse, developmentally appropriate activities both noncompetitive and competitive for all youth.
The HUSH Foundation® encourages parents and guardians to support their children's participation in physical activity, to be physically active role models, and to include physical activity in family events.
We are proud to announce our newest recreational activity under the Youth Recreational Athletic Program, KT's Sports Lab!
This Sports Lab will provide Football training for Middle and High School Athletes, ages 10 - 18.
At KT's Sports Lab, Coach Kim Taylor, Sr. and his team of coaches will provide aspiring athletes with two days of position specific mental and mechanical training to improve their skills. READ MORE...